FM Global taps nonprofit EVP to global board of directors
She also functions as the general counsel for a major nonprofit
Christine Kocot McCoy, JD (pictured above), the executive vice president and general counsel of Ascension Health Alliance, has been elected to the board of directors at FM Global.
McCoy joins a board composed of executives from leading global manufacturing, distribution, and service organizations.
Her role at Ascension, a major nonprofit and Catholic health system in the United States, involves providing legal counsel to the organization, its board, and executive management. Her responsibilities include overseeing legal services for Ascension and its subsidiaries, managing affiliation initiatives, supporting business development, and handling external legal relationships.
Previously, McCoy also served as a partner at Armstrong Teasdale, LLP, specialising in medical malpractice and employment litigation. She represented hospitals and physicians in malpractice cases across Missouri and Illinois and handled employment and labour matters in federal and state courts.
“Christine brings a wealth of legal and governance expertise to the FM Global board. We welcome Christine to the FM Global family and look forward to the contributions she will make through her knowledge, experience, and perspective to the management of our company,” FM Global board chairman Thomas A. Lawson said.
Other members of the board of directors include:
- Frank T. Connor, executive vice president and chief financial officer, Textron Inc.
- Colin Day, chairman, Premier Foods, plc
- Frank Dellaquila, retired chief financial officer, Emerson Electric Company
- Michel Giannuzzi, chairman, Verallia SA
- Glenn R. Landau, president and COO, Corrugated Supplies Company, LLC
- Thomas A. Lawson, chairman, Factory Mutual Insurance Company
- John A. Luke Jr., retired chairman, WestRock Company
- Gracia C. Martore, retired president and CEO, TEGNA Inc.
- Christine M. McCarthy, strategic advisor and former senior executive vice president and chief financial officer, The Walt Disney Company
- Thomas J. Quinlan III, president and CEO, R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company
- Malcolm C. Roberts, president and CEO, Factory Mutual Insurance Company
- David T. Walton, president and CEO, Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation
Earlier this year, the commercial property insurer unveiled its second consecutive resilience credit initiative to bolster client investments in climate resilience solutions.
What are your thoughts on this story? Please feel free to share your comments below.
Keep up with the latest news and events
Join our mailing list, it’s free!