Amalgamated Life’s Dunkin Becomes RIMS President for 2021
The risk management society RIMS announced that Ellen R. Dunkin will lead the organization as president for the 2021 term, which began January 1.
Dunkin is the senior vice president, general counsel and chief risk officer for Amalgamated Life Insurance Co. in White Plains, New York. She has more than 25 years of experience driving strategic and enterprise risk management programs, as well as overseeing legal initiatives for companies including Crump Group; Marsh & McLennan Companies and Willkie Farr & Gallagher.
From 1998–2007, Dunkin was employed by RIMS, serving as general counsel and director of Government Affairs. She has been a member of RIMS for nearly 15 years and was actively involved with RIMS New York chapter, serving as its president from 2015 to 2016. Dunkin joined the RIMS global board of directors in 2017. She was also a Spencer Educational Foundation director in 2000.
“Risk professionals from around the world met 2020’s challenges with fervor, delivering critical insight that allowed their organizations to adapt and emerge stronger,” said Dunkin. “However, it’s up to us, risk professionals, to go one step further. We must continue to promote the value that we add, our impact on business development and position ourselves as indispensable strategic advisors who are pivotal to future success.”
As president, Dunkin succeeds 2020 RIMS President Laura Langone, who is head of Insurance Operations for Airbnb.
Dunkin will serve along with the following officers, some newly elected.
Officers on RIMS 2021 Board of Directors:
- President: Ellen R. Dunkin, Esq.; Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Chief Risk Officer, Amalgamated Life Insurance Company, a Member of the Amalgamated Family of Companies.
- Vice President: Patrick Sterling, SPHR, SHRM-SCP; Senior Director, Legendary People and Risk Management, Texas Roadhouse.
- Treasurer: Jennifer Santiago, MBA, RIMS-CRMP, ARM; Assistant Vice President & Chief Risk Officer, The Pennsylvania State University.
- Secretary: David E. Arick, ARM; Assistant Treasurer, Global Risk Management, International Paper Company.
New Board Members:
- Kevin Bates; Group Head of Risk & Insurance, Lendlease.
- Christy Kaufman, CPCU; Head of Governance, Risk and Compliance, American Family Ventures.
- Penni Nelson; Assistant Vice President, Risk Management, Hillwood a Perot Company.
Incumbent Board Members:
- Barry Dillard; Vice President of Risk Management Services, Walt Disney World Resorts and Disney Cruise Line.
- Twane Duckworth; Managing Director – Risk Management, City of Garland, Texas.
- Tina Gardiner; Manager, Risk Management Services, The Regional Municipality of York (Ontario).
- Gary A. Nesbit, RIMS-CRMP, CPCU, CSP, ARM, AIC, ALCM, SPHR; Senior Director of Risk Management, Young Life.
- Kristen Peed, AIC, ARM-E, CPCU, CRM, RPLU; Director of Corporate Risk Management, CBIZ, Inc.
- Robert Zhang; Business Risk & Compliance Manager, INGKA China.
- Ex Officio: Laura Langone, JD, MBA; Head of Insurance Operations, Airbnb, Inc.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.